
I am glad our free society allows Mr. Earl Elmont the right to air his opinion about Mitt Romney ("Will Romney be a one-term senator?" Jan. 10, 2018). I am equally glad that I have the right to disagree with Mr. Elmont's opinion.
Mitt Romney's op-ed about the moral and character failings of our current president was welcome and long overdue. Others are free to believe that character and principles don't apparently matter, just so long as the political agendas they agree with are accomplished. Thankfully, Mitt Romney is himself free to point out the obvious fact that our president, Donald Trump, is wearing no ethical clothes.
I will be proud to cancel out Mr. Elmont's vote when Romney is up for re-election. We need someone in Washington who is willing to stand up for what's right, instead of what's easy. In that respect, Mitt Romney has already hit the ground running.
Paul Smith
Cedar City
from Deseret News http://bit.ly/2spo2ZY
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario