Good morning!
Last week I was lucky to attend my first CodeMash ( www.codemash.org ) . The experience was incredible, you just have to see the agenda and Speakers to see the quality of the event.
An interesting detail of the event is that it takes place in Ohio, in January. In other words, it is so cold and there is so much snow outside, that the only option you have is to stay in the event, attend the sessions and do networking, much networking.
The format of the sessions is quite interesting. The event starts on a Tuesday with 2 days of PreCompilers. These are all day workshops around topics such as Xamarin, AI, Containers and more. There is never a 7 or 8 hour shift on a topic to have an intro on it.
On Thursday, the sessions begin in a more traditional way: sessions 45 or 60 minutes. I was lucky to have the 1st shift (08:00 AM!) To talk about Computer Vision . And during these days also take the opportunity to attend a couple of sessions. I liked many, although I will only mention 3:
- The team of http://www.infernored.com/ left me amazed with a demo from scratch with Python and a RaspberryPi.
- As always It was a pleasure to attend the session of Jennifer Marsman ( @jennifermarsman ) of AI for Earth . The vision and the work that is done from Microsoft in this field, is not disclosed as much as it should.
- Kudos for Guy Rose ( @guyroyse ) for his session [ Deep Learning like to Viking ]. It is not easy to make a session of DL in a fun and entertaining format, Guy has done it!
Before commenting that the weather forces you to stay inside the hotel all the time . If you travel with the family, this may seem like a problem, however, the hotel has a WaterPark Indoor which is the ideal fun for the kids. I thought that my dwarves would be all day at the WaterPark, but when they saw the KidzMash agenda, they spent all day at the event.
KidzMash are sessions specially created for children and ranging from how to use duck tape to modeling and 3D printing, just look at the agenda http://www.codemash.org/kidzmash-schedule/ . It's really amazing, for me it was a surprise and from here I want to thank and congratulate the CodeMash team for this special flavor for children.
Also the Game Room It was a mandatory stop. As much as we had to stay until 02:00 to put together a puzzle of 1000 pieces!
I really recommend seeing the agenda, to find sessions like the following ones [19659007] [KidzMash] Systems Thinking for Kids
- [KidzMash] Building Your First Video Game with Bloxels
- [KidzMash] Gotta Catch 'Em All! Raspberry Pi and Java Pokemon Training
Finally, I do not want to forget that I also had the opportunity to meet other North American MVPs. Dinner in between and with some amazing experiences.
99% sure we'll see each other in CodeMash 2020 !!!
Regards @ Burlington
El Bruno
from Nettech Post http://bit.ly/2RoxzPT
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario