Compliments to the Deseret News for the Sept. 11 front page news coverage. The article about the government’s relationships to American Muslims was well-written and appropriate to remind us of what happened Sept. 11, 2001. And the article about both Salt Lake City’s mayoral candidates’ plea to voters to focus on policy and not religion was well-written and important for all Salt Lake City voters.
But what I appreciated most was the article about the young man who, on his way to work two years ago, ran his car into three pedestrians, killing one and seriously injuring the other two. In today’s world there are so many depressing things going on, and it is so easy to get feeling down, that article could have been just one more of those depressing events.
But the article was anything but depressing, the way it explained how the young man felt so guilty and was so depressed at what he had done, and the way the victims came to his aid. It was such an uplifting article it helped me get out of a kind of funk I had been in. It reminded me that I need to remember to not feel bad because of what I can’t have, but to feel good about what I can do.
It reminded me why when I pray before going to bed at night I ask God to protect all of the many good people in the world, not just our religious and political leaders.
So again, compliments to the news staff, and thanks for the uplift.
Fred Ash
Sandy
from Deseret News https://ift.tt/2LJiIKc
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario