viernes, 31 de julio de 2020

Letter: Why this ‘suburban housewife’ disagrees with Trump’s tweet

Letters to the Editor Deseret News

Recently, President Donald Trump tweeted to all the “Suburban Housewives of America.” While the meaning of the term “housewife” is unclear, I am going to assume that Trump’s tweet refers to me. The tweet declares that Joe Biden, if elected president, would “destroy (my) neighborhood and (my) American Dream.”

Shocked by Trump’s concern for my neighborhood and dreams, I investigated Biden’s plans to destroy them. If I understand correctly, Trump is referring to Biden’s plan to reinstate the Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing rule.

I would like Trump to know that this “suburban housewife” grew up benefiting from affordable housing. This “suburban housewife” enjoys neighbors from disparate backgrounds and desires to have “high density affordable housing smack in the middle of (my) leafy neighborhood” where diversity and differences are celebrated and explored. This “suburban housewife” is distinctly similar to the women living in affordable housing and recognizes that I am only in this home, with these parks, these schools and in this suburb because I have privileges and support beyond my control. This “suburban housewife” is saddened by the president of the United States who uses one group of people against another, undervaluing both, for what appears to be votes.

When Trump tweets “low income housing,” he means humans. Humans with lives, neighborhoods and dreams, just like me. I want these humans to walk in my neighborhood. Diversity, unity and equality of humans is this “suburban housewife’s” American Dream.

Natasha Rogers

Springville



from Deseret News https://ift.tt/2DojkVb

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Slutty Japanese Babe Toyed And Creamed

Japanese hot babe with big tits gets toyed and creamed. Author: sexualbabe Added: 02/11/2021