miércoles, 21 de octubre de 2020

Utah freshman Deanne Soza makes ‘the hardest decision,’ retires from gymnastics

Deanne Soza competes on the balance beam during senior women’s opening round of the U.S. gymnastics championships, Sunday, Aug. 20, 2017, in Anaheim, Calif. | Ringo H.W. Chiu, AP

The 2021 college gymnastics season was supposed to be a coming out party for Deanne Soza.

The longtime Utah resident, who moved to Texas only to return to the Beehive State this summer to join the University of Utah’s gymnastics program, was a key part of the Red Rocks’ high-profile 2020-21 recruiting class and a successful elite gymnast.

She qualified for the U.S. Classic from 2012-2018 and the U.S. Championships from 2013-18. She finished sixth on the beam and eighth in the all-around at the 2017 U.S. Classic, and also placing 10th in the all-around at the U.S. Championships that same year.

Along with fellow Utah freshmen Jaylene Gilstrap, Alani Sabado and Lucy Stanhope, Soza was expected to be among the best newcomers to the NCAA scene this season.

That will no longer be the case.

Soza announced Tuesday she has decided to leave the Red Rocks’ program and retire as a gymnast, citing her “physical, mental and emotional well-being.”

“Gymnastics has been my entire life for the past 15 years, but I feel that it is time for me to retire,” she said in a statement.

She is the second Utah gymnast to retire this year, following in the footsteps of Hunter Dula.

Soza released a statement regarding her decision to retire, which can be read in its entirety below:

“Gymnastics has been my entire life for the past 15 years. But I feel that it’s time for me to retire for the benefit of my physical, mental, and emotional well being. Despite this being the hardest decision I have made, I have no doubt that this is the right decision for me so that I can be healthy overall for the rest of my life. Looking back at my 4 year old self that went into the gym for the first time, I just remember being so ecstatic to finally have a place where I can jump and climb on without seriously hurting myself. I never ever would’ve guessed of the incredible opportunities and adventures I would be given. There were ups, and there were definitely downs. But through every experience I’ve had whether it was good or bad, I’ve grown and become a stronger person because of it and will forever apply all the lessons learned for the rest of my life. I can’t thank my family enough for what they’ve sacrificed in order for me to accomplish my goals. My parents have been there to love and comfort me through every single success and disappointment I’ve had, and for that I’m eternally grateful. To my little brother, it wasn’t easy for him to sit through all of my meets without getting bored. I don’t blame him, they can last quite a while. But regardless, he was always there to motivate me, give me pep talks, and to cheer me on along with my loving parents. This was a journey for all of us and I wouldn’t change it for the world. I want to thank my coaches who have been there for me, especially the last four years. Because of them, I was able to love the sport again and find my self worth. I would also love to thank Tom Farden and the rest of the Utah Gymnastics coaching staff and team for believing in me, and for giving me this incredible opportunity to be a part of their program. I am grateful to all of them for being supportive in my decision and for everything that they’ve done for me. I’m ready and thrilled for the new journey I’m about to embark.”



from Deseret News https://ift.tt/31uL8jO

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Slutty Japanese Babe Toyed And Creamed

Japanese hot babe with big tits gets toyed and creamed. Author: sexualbabe Added: 02/11/2021