jueves, 6 de mayo de 2021

Letter: Why I left the Democratic Party

Democratic presidential candidate former Vice President Joe Biden and running mate Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., watch fireworks during the fourth day of the Democratic National Convention, Thursday, Aug. 20, 2020, at the Chase Center in Wilmington, Del. | Andrew Harnik, Associated Press

In 2017-2019, I attended nearly 200 different political events. I worked, in many ways, harder than 99% of Utah’s population and sought to marry the idea of economic justice and social equality, with patriotism and being proud of our flag, Old Glory.

Whenever I would show up, every single Democrat would isolate me and let me know that I was not welcome. Not because I was violently yelling at people, but because Old Glory was anathema to them. The very people who claim that inclusion and diversity are the most important issues in modern politics, immediately look to exclude anyone who attempts to think for themselves.

I quit associating with Black Lives Matter Utah after being told that being a white man, I have no business making my voice heard at all. I was told that the only purpose for me is to act as a pedestal for someone else to step upon and I should be so lucky to give up my agency that I fought for so hard for overseas.

These are obviously the views of people who are losing their grip on reality. After all, what good is diversity if you have monocultured thoughts and views lacking all diversity? If people are starving, losing their life savings and jobs, fighting for pronouns isn’t going to put food in the bellies of fellow patriotic Americans, nor create opportunities for their kids. It doesn’t honor Old Glory nor the immortalized idea that “united we stand, divided we fall”.

How effective can we be in fighting a political battle when we can’t even tell friend from foe?

Joshua Cameron

West Valley City



from Deseret News https://ift.tt/3tz3fAt

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Slutty Japanese Babe Toyed And Creamed

Japanese hot babe with big tits gets toyed and creamed. Author: sexualbabe Added: 02/11/2021